On Nov. 13, 2007, the South Carolina Public Service Commission designated FTC Communications, Inc. dba FTC Wireless (FTC) the “Eligible Telecommunications Carrier” for its service area for universal service purposes. The goal of universal service is to provide all citizens access to essential telecommunications services.
FTC provides single party residence and business services for monthly rates beginning at $39.99. This includes access to:
- Public switched network including a certain amount of local usage;
- Long distance services;
- Emergency services;
- Operator services;
- Directory assistance;
- Other services designed to persons with disabilities;
- Toll (Usage) limitation service.
Use of these services may result in added charges dependent upon the service and the selected service plan.
FTC would be pleased to provide you with specific rates for any of its available services within your area upon request.
FTC also offers qualified customers Lifeline service. Lifeline is a non-transferable, federal benefit that makes monthly service more affordable. The program is limited to one discount per household. For each month that the customer qualifies, the discount provided under the Company’s Lifeline service for wireless voice service is $9.25 per month.
- A household is eligible for the Lifeline discount if the customer’s annual household income is at or below 135% of the federal poverty guidelines. You may also qualify for the Lifeline program if a customer, a dependent, or the customer’s household participates in one or more of the following programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit.
Please call FTC at 888-218-5050 if you have any questions.