Frequently Asked Questions: Installation
Need some more help?Checking Status...
- Capital Credit
- Connection Protection
- Digital TV
- What tips can you offer for wireless data management?
- What tips can you give for traveling abroad?
- What reset options are available for my phone?
- What is the difference between a basic phone and a smart phone?
- What is Memory Management?
- Mobile Shares
- How do I use the Find My iPhone feature?
- How do I backup my wireless device?
- How do I access Gmail on my mobile device?
- How can I protect my mobile device?
- Fiber to the Home
No. Your router insurance is included in your monthly charge for Internet.
If you are not sure if your computer already has a NIC installed, then follow these steps:
- From your computer, click Start, then Control Panel.
- Select the Network and Internet Connections icon.
- Select the Network Connections icon.
- Under the LAN or High-Speed Internet category, look for the name of the Ethernet card (Tip: words like Ethernet adapter, Ethernetlink, or LAN adapter may be contained in the card name).
- If an Ethernet card is listed, then YES, your NIC or PC card is installed.
Additional ways to check if your computer already has a NIC:
- Refer to the owner’s manual for your computer.
- Contact your computer manufacturer.
- Look for an Ethernet port on the back of your computer (it will look like a phone jack but a little bigger). The presence of an Ethernet port indicates that a NIC is already installed in your computer.
Contact Technical Support at 611 from any working FTC phone or 800-541-5030 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week).